Anyway, I couldn't just sit around twiddling my thumbs ('cause it would hurt!!) so I got out my large sheets of watercolour paper, my acrylic paints, and my bits and pieces of collage papers. First I put gesso all over one side of the paper, then painted various colours all over. Then I followed up with the collage papers - most of which I had made myself, and then painted in various spots again and painted the back in black. Then came the stamping with gold and black - I think I got a little carried away on some of them, lol. I cut them all up into book mark sized pieces, painted the edges in black, and gave the whole lot a clear coat front and back. My husband helped with the cutting up and the setting of the eyelets.
I was thinking about adding some of my beads at the top, but figured that would just be something to "help" the book mark get pulled out, so I settled for just a piece of leather cord. I have been using one of the earlier ones all summer, as have a few of my friends and family members, and they are holding up really quite well. It is kind of nice to open a book and have a piece of original art work marking ones page for you :O)
|I have done over 50 of these little works of practical "art".|
|Close up shot|
Have a great day!