Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday Market


Well, this last Friday's market was a total disaster.  Hardly any customers, and it poured (I'm talking cats and dogs here folks) three times.  I barely made enough to cover the artisan bread and cookies I purchased.  I keep thinking I should switch to selling baking - yeah right!!!  Next Friday is our July 1st holiday, so I am hoping that sales will be a bit better.

My booth is fairly wind resistant now though - not a stiff wind though, more like breeze resistant.  Although you can't see it from the picture, the T-bars and some of the necklace busts are clamped down with C-clamps to the open backed risers, and the others have weights clipped onto the back of them.  I need to bring something to raise the backs of the black trays up a bit though, so it is easier for shoppers to browse - not that we had many shoppers!  The other thing I am wanting is to purchase a large roll up type sign for the back of the booth.  The little one I have is just too small, and I am always afraid of it getting bent.  A plasticized canvas type one could be rolled up and kept in a bag.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Pam Chesbro said...

Pretty display! How did your tent hold up to the wind?

Cillaw said...

Sorry the day was so bad.
Hope the 8th is beautiful and sunny!
Cilla

somethingunique said...

Hi Jane, sorry you weekend was a disaster, i been there and it sucks especially when you put in so much time creating everything and worry you won't have enough and all the stress, it can be disheartening but try to keep your chin up things will get better hon!
ttfn Lana :)

Pretty Things said...

I HATE rainy shows. I didn't do but one outdoor show last year and am doing none this year, thankfully.