Monday, September 20, 2010

A Bit of Whimsy


This summer I took a week long class with glass artist Melanie Moertel.  One of the beads she taught us how to make was her "Fairy" bead - it is a bead with a little girl or fairy on the front.  This is my interpretation of that bead.  Instead of putting the girl on the bead, I have made the girl into the bead - does that make sense?

I am quite pleased with how the faces worked out, but the "dresses" need some work.  I will take some time today to work on them - along with a whole list of other beads that I have to make for the upcoming show.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cathy Winsby said...

I love them!! They look great Mom! Not sure what you mean about the dresses not being right....I really like them.

Sueze said...

These are adorable Jane and I agree with Cathy their dress look really good to me. Have you got some for S&T on the 2nd.?

Jane Perala said...

Thanks Sandra,
I'll bring them to the meeting on Sat.