Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good Friends and Good Eats!


Today was one of the "almost monthly" meetings of the Vancouver Island Fire Flies - a group of glass beadmakers here on Vancouver Island.  We always have a blast, and lots of food - everyone brings something to eat - I am the sandwich "Queen" - ha ha.  I meant to go back and take a picture after the covers were off the food, but got talking too much and forgot.  We talk about glass, glass and more glass.  It is great to get together with like minded people to discuss our obsession and trade ideas, techniques and so on.


This is a picture of our hostess's studio - I don't think I have ever seen such a clean work space.  In case you think it is just like that because we were coming over, I can assure you that it isn't.  She is one of the tidiest people I know -  certainly not like my studio (see an earlier post) LOL.


We always have a bead exchange.  Those that want to participate, bring a bead, place it on this numbered board and then we draw numbers. 

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

1 comment:

Hot Rocks said...

Your friend sure does have a tidy studio. What a neat game to play with your beady creations!