Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Beads and Market pictures!



 Last Saturday my friend Judy and I attended the Duncan Farmer's Market.  This time we were lucky and were placed in the "square".  The market is set up in a large community square, and then down an adjacent street - there really isn't a bad spot in the whole market, it is just that we were lucky enough to have some shade! With temperatures reaching the 30's it was really nice to have that shade.

Our Booth

Another angle of our booth.

One part of the "Square".

Another part of the "Square".

Beautiful flowers.

Yummy - PEAK'S coffee

Looking down the adjacent street.
I took the photos before the market officially opened, but people were already starting to filter in.

We are going to have to change our booth set up so that we can keep any eye on Judy's vintage cutlery bracelets better, as she "lost" (aka stolen, pilfered, theft, took, etc.) three of the bracelets.  These thieves are really are really slick, as I was sure that at least one of us was watching the table the whole time - and it happened at three different times!!  This is the first time we have had trouble like this, but it sure puts a sour taste in your mouth.  Fortunately, she did very well with them anyway.

I have been making more Little Ladies, and making some a little different.  After my class with Melanie Moertel in 2010, I was sitting in the airport waiting for my plane and doodling - trying to get down all the ideas that were racing through my head.  This is one of the ideas, and the picture that I hastily drew that day, and the beads that I finally got around to making from the drawing over 2 years later!

Working drawing of mermaid.

"I think I left my diving goggles on"!! LOL

back side of above bead

A mermaid for my sister!

back side of above bead

Young Lady 

back side of above bead
Well that is enough from me for now.
Hope you are all having a great week!

1 comment:

stacilouise said...

Jane, I just LOVE your mermaids! Lovely market pics too:)