Monday, August 27, 2012

New Glass and a new Mermaid

I purchased a little bit of new glass the other day at our local glass store "Cheeky Monkey" - don't you just love that name!

Sorry, I can't remember the numbers and I took it out to my studio so it's not here right now.   However here is a picture of the rods and I think I remember the names.

From left to right is button mandrels, Sedona, Dark Pink Alabaster,
Calico, Dark Pink, and Light Pink Alabaster.  
I haven't tried any of these before except for the regular dark pink - I think the others may be shocky and the Sedona may be prone to de-vitrification.  I'll let you know the results when I get around to working with it.
Have any of you worked with any of these - and what were your findings?

I also have a new Mermaid focal bead - she will be in my Etsy shop later today.


Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pink alabaster scums easily, and the color burns out if I remember right. Melt very, very, very slowly in my experience.