Friday, November 30, 2012

New Pendant

Just under two years ago my mother was in palliative care, and every day my sister and I would go up to visit with her, sometimes together and sometimes by ourselves.  It was a very sad and depressing time seeing our mother, who had been our rock, slipping quickly and quietly away, and knowing that there was not a thing we could do about it.  During that time I found that my inspiration was sadly lacking, however I was very pleased with one design that I made called  "Sunshine On My Shoulders".  I made two of them and gave one to my sister to remind us that there is still some sunshine in our lives.  It was also somewhat of a tribute to John Denver - who was, and continues to be, one of my favourite singers.

I have recently revisited the design, and have the bead pictured below now available in my Etsy shop as a ready made pendant.  Just slip it on a chain or cord and it is ready to wear.

Sunshine On My Shoulders pendant.
I hope you are having some sunshine on your shoulders!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Beautiful pendant Jane! and thank you for sharing the memory and reason for the original pendant.