Friday, June 14, 2013

The 40 Bead Challenge

Have you seen Heather Trimlett's 40 Bead Challenge?
I was browsing the internet yesterday and came across this great sounding project. Our glass bead group - Vancouver Island Fireflies - has a challenge each month, and this months challenge is masked dots.  Although the challenge from Heather Trimlett is not necessarily masked dots, it is along the same line.  I like how she challenges you to only use 2 colours, just dots, and use heat only - no tools, and to make 40 beads in this manner.  I think you are also supposed to try to make them all with a different design using only the dots.

I started mine this morning - so far I have made 10, and they are in the kiln cooling down now.  Apricot yellow with light turquoise.  I will take photos when they are cleaned.

However, for now, I will leave you with a picture of some other beads I made about 3 years ago.  Not quite following all the rules, but almost!

"French Tablecloth" made using 2 blues and 2 yellows.

Another version of my "French Tablecloth" beads, using 2 blues and
apricot yellow.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: