Sunday, February 20, 2011

More "Room With a View" beads.







I love making these new style beads, and seeing just what the "view" turns out to be when they come out of the kiln is always a surprise.  The lime green ones at the top were made with a very rare glass called "Parrot green", which is no longer being made.  I still have enough to make perhaps one more set.   they also contain a rare purple glass powder that is also no longer being made.

The second set reminds me of the old riddle "What is black and white, but *red* all over?" - a newspaper!!

In the 3rd and 4th sets I really like how the black contrasts with the multi coloured center view.

These beads can be found in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

The "Room with a View" beads are fantastic! The set of black and red beads remind me of driving through the Arizona desert. They are all drool worthy! Have a great day and week!

Hot Rocks said...

Those are amazing, Jane! I love the ones with the acid green/ yellow color.

Ulla said...

So wonderfull - especially the green ones.
Remains me at the "Garden-Fragance-Beads" from Manuela Wutschke.... years ago.
I love that beads.

Have a nice time.

Jane Perala said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. These beads actually were inspired by a tutorial by Jennifer Geldard called "Window", and the stringer application was thanks to a fantastic class I took from Melanie Moertel last June.