Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cherry Blossom Bonsai beads

These beads are for a custom order.  My customer wanted one on the grey/brown background, so I made that one, and then decided to give her the choice of the paler background too.
I also made a couple on a black background, but they were a failure - I forgot that the rubino glass that I make the flowers with "fumes" and shows on the black leaving an oil-like slick all over the background - grrrrr!!!  It's too bad, because I was really pleased with how they turned out (apart from the oil slick look).  I am going to see if using another glass will make a difference - perhaps try making the flower cane from white encased in either red or orange transparent.  I will let you know how my experiment goes - but first I have to get my taxes done.

Cherry Blossom Bonsai on Canyon d'Chelly background.

Cherry Blossom Bonsai on Opal Yellow background.
The peach flowers were made with opal yellow encased in rubino, then pulled into a thin cane.

No comments: