Sunday, April 28, 2013

Signs of Spring

I was looking around our home this morning, and realized that I have lots of lovely little flowers coming up all over the place - a sure sign of Spring.

This sweet little white flower just appeared about 15 years ago, and
keeps spreading - I think it is called a Woodland Rose, or something similar.

We have several large heather bushes - they keep spreading, and
the bees just love them!

Bluebells - remind me of my birthplace - England.  When we were young
we used to go for family walks in Bluebell Wood.

The black current is in bloom - the birds seem to get to them before
we do though.

I can't remember what this one is called - Japanese something or other.
I think the common name is Lily of the Valley shrub - maybe.

I can't remember what this one is called - it has really large leaves and
tall flowering stalks with these gorgeous coloured flowers.

Sweet little Violets

I believe this has the most unfortunate name of "Lungwort" 

The chives are about to burst open.

The Day Lilies will be opening soon too.

And of course the ever present daisies all over the place.
I hope you enjoyed the little floral tour around my garden.

No comments: